Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Down The Rabbit Hole...

I had the lovely pleasure last week of going to London to join illustrator/author Steve Antony as guests on Down the Rabbit Hole radio. We discussed the shortlisted and winning books for their Greenaway special.
I really enjoyed talking about books, it was interesting to hear the others take on the selection and point out things I had not noticed - thankfully I think we all agreed on what a great and mixed selection it was...
 From William Grills' winning "Shackleton's Journey" to the "Goth Girl" by the new Children's Laureate  Chris Riddell.
I very much enjoyed the experience, I just we had had more time to discuss them on air (we carried on our conversation at the pub). There really should be more radio and TV shows to talk about children's books. Its an interesting time in children's book publishing and I find it very interesting to be part of it, as a reader and a maker of books too, so many wonderfully produced books, and not just fiction but graphic novels, non-fiction and more. Keep it up everyone!
Thankyou to Melissa Cox, Katherine Woodfine and Louise Lamont for inviting me on the show.  Do go check it out,  listen back here and if you want to find out more check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment